If you’ve reached here, you are probably looking for holiday homes in Dubai, or are going to travel there shortly. You have perhaps reached the right place to start your search for vacation rentals in Dubai.
First things first – Dubai offers a little bit of everything for everyone. Whether it is the world’s most expensive hotel, or budget-friendly short term rentals in Dubai, you can find your best fit, no matter what.
Plan, Search, Finalise, Book
Dubai holiday homes can be tricky for the uninitiated – well, business class ones are cheap on weekends, resorts are expensive on weekends, summers are cheap, fall, winter and spring are up and down. There is a myriad of factors that will influence the prices of vacation rentals in Dubai. Well, you don’t even need to book Dubai holiday homes to visit or shop in Dubai! It’s not the only Emirate in the UAE, and Sharjah, less than half an hour’s drive away is quite cheaper and quieter, if that’s what you want.
So, a few checks are in order before you book a short-term rental in Dubai
- Which time of the year are you visiting? If you’re anywhere near the Dubai Shopping Festival, watch out – it can cost you an arm and a leg
- Which days of the week are you going to be there?
- How long do you intend to stay – if longer than a week or two, short term rentals in Dubai offer much better value for money, where you can get a house instead of a hotel room or suite.
- Which parts of Dubai do you need to access during your trip?
- Are you ok with a short drive? If so, looking up Sharjah instead of holiday homes in Dubai can be an option
- Most importantly – how much notice do you have before you travel? The longer, the better
Most of the frequent fliers to Dubai will give you the following tips on your quest for Dubai holiday homes:
- The occupancy rate in almost all hotels and vacation rentals in Dubai is notoriously high and the best deals can be found only if you book at least 40 to 45 days in advance
- The room with the view will see a hole through your wallet. Every apartment or hotel room that has a view of the Burj Khalifa or any famous or historical landmark of Dubai will be expensive. Unless you plan on spending the entirety of your stay in your Dubai Holiday Home gazing at the view, opt for something else.
- Commitment costs – less. Yes, as much as it seems counterintuitive, vacation rentals in Dubai are cheaper if you can pay upfront. So if your trip is finalised and you don’t need “flexibility”, pay upfront and save. It could mean a lot of $$.
- Dubai Metro is what you need to be closest to. As much as you may think that taking a cab cannot be expensive, opting for holiday homes in Dubai that are closer to metro stations just make more sense – less traffic, better access to the hot spots.
- What’s included may cost you – What’s excluded may cost you more. Typical hidden charges such as mini-bar rip-offs, usage of kitchen facilities, and entry for house guests that don’t even stay the night, can all alter what you pay for your vacation rental in Dubai. Check, re-check, double check and confirm before you book.
Have fun, though! Plan ahead, keep the excitement going, and shop till you drop!